I figured that something HAD to happen with Brandon Pirri and/or Jeremy Morin by this trade deadline.
Both players were unhappy being repeatedly sent down to Rockford and neither given a true opportunity to showcase their talents on the NHL roster.
* Both players contracts with the Hawks terminate at the end of this season.
* With the addition of Peter Regin and Pierre-Marc Bouchard (both centermen), this spelled the end of Brandon Pirri's tenure with the Hawks organization for good. Surely, that was the case. Shortly afterward the Hawks trade Pirri to Florida for a future 3rd (2014) and 5th (2016) round pick.
* Hawks brass,...and even the fans, are well aware of Morin's status and his displeasure of being sent down to Rockford. So, what do the Hawks do? Interestingly enough, the Hawks fill their cap space by adding defenseman David Rundblad. (btw...Rundblad is a stud. But, I didn't see that coming....not surprising however).
* Hawks have not added Morin to their roster, as of yet (However, this is surprising).
* Hawks may be interested in adding Teuvo Teravainen at the end of his season in Finland. This is not too far fetched at all. If that was the case, someone will get sent down (most likely Regin).
Jeremy Morin was the AHL player of the Month for February, and he continues his torrid pace of scoring a point in 13 straight games. Good for J-Mo. I really do like the fact he is making it hard on the brass. What do we do with this kid? Okay,...let's note that J-Mo in no way is a 4th line guy or even a healthy scratch type player. He can fit on the 3rd line with a proper connection. Morin - Shaw - Versteeg...that could work. 3 guys who are horses. Bickell - Handzus - Morin.....NO WAY..., Versteeg - Handzus - Morin. Ehhhh,...
See the problem? Where do you put him? He's truly a top 6 forward, but the only time he can play is NOW. While Hossa is hurt, this would help the team. Great,...then you send Regin down and lose a centerman? So, I'm a bit perplexed about why the Hawks couldn't trade Morin. Let's keep our ears and eyes open for future happenings. Something will happen before/by years end.