The Hawks success this year is to carousel their talent from their AHL affiliate the Rockford Icehogs.
With the re-introduction of an 82 game schedule + Olympics + Playoff schedule, their is a possibility of 115-120 games played.
1) Joakim Nordstrom : He played 8 games and his main reasoning for making the team was to keep the PK at the top.....well, folks they sit 30/30...didn't work.
2) Jimmy Hayes: His 3rd and 4th line status is still there, but the Hawks were seriously lacking scoring, and Jimmy wasn't consistent enough and didn't bring any scoring. So, down he went.
3) Ben Smith: Has played 6 games and has been a healthy scratch for half of the season already. Doesn't look too good for Benny right now. Especially since Brad Mills has been brought up and he's been a healthy scratch the past 3 games.
4) Brandon Pirri: He's been up 7 games and has 5 points already (2G,5A). He is getting his chance to play 2nd line center and is succeeding.....I told you he would do well!!!!!
5) Jeremy Morin: He is playing his 3rd game this season, and is playing well. Hasn't scored yet, but he has played hard. He needs to find that net soon, or it will give the Hawks a a reason to send him back down.
6) Brad Mills: What? Why?.....He's supposed to be a PK guy. He is a big guy. But, the past 2 games he hasn't impressed me one bit. I think he gets 8-9 games max then back he'll go.
7) Michael Kostka: Right now he's on the IR. He was a healthy scratch much of the season. When he's seen ice time, he's actually done well.
Who is next on this carrousel?