Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Time to start thinking about getting rid of the dead weight.
Okay, ....after a 4 game losing streak (which the Hawks aren't out of yet,...knock on wood it ends against Columbus),...the Hawks need to think about getting rid of players andOkay, ....after a 4 game losing streak (which the Hawks aren't out of yet,...knock on wood it ends against Columbus),...the Hawks need to think about getting rid of players and starting to fill the HOLES in that lineup that Stan Bowman says they don't have. hehehehehe
1) Bryan Bickell : He's at the top of my list (no shock here). I've only seen Jimmy Hayes for 3 games and he's done more in 3 games than Bickell's done all year.
2) Daniel Carcillo: Is he in the plans for the future? It's going to be hard to trade him after a 7 game suspension and his second suspension this year. (not counting the suspension he served games 1&2 for last year...that would make 3 suspensions served).
3) Andrew Brunette: He'll get his 20 goals and 40 points most likely. Is he going to help you for the cup run?
4) Steve Montador: Kind of an enigma. He did well on the PP and then Q took him off of it.. Other than that, he's been....alright.
5) Sean O'Donnell: 40 years old , slow, but he may be good in the locker room.
6) Sami Lepisto: I am sure that he'd be on the top of Q's list. He's not coming back next year. Nor would he want to. What ? So, he can sit on the bench again? Might as well trade him.
7) Dave Bolland: Loved by Chicagoan's especially for the playoffs. But other than the playoffs, he's a no-show.
8) Niklas Hjalmarsson: He his 3..5 m salary might be a hindrance, but he makes too many mistakes.
9) Patrick Kane' I know, he's not going ANYWHERE>>>>, but, consider the fact that you could get a TON back for him.
10) Rockford Icehogs: Who could be brought up? Who should be traded? Who should be kept?
I think it's going to be very difficult to trade Kyle Beach? he's been injured and I don't think anyone wants him. He hasn't amounted to much in 3 years.
Players that you keep: Pirri, Olsen, Shaw, Hayes,B. Smith, Morin.
11) Other players in the system: Adam Clendening, Phillip Danault, Brandon Saad and Mark McNeil are keepers.
Hawks need a ONE great top 6 player and ONE great puck-moving defenseman.
What is the possibility of trading for Dustin Byufuglien again. Not out of the question. The Hawks can afford his salary, and they know the GM VERY well for Chebeldayov was with the Hawks the past few years as the asst. GM to Bowman. I'd love to see Big Buff back in the Indian head sweater.
Whatever rout that Stan Bowman chooses to go, he needs to make decisions shortly. Teams that will most likely be sellers will be (Winnipeg, Columbus, New Jersey, Anaheim, Montreal, NY Isles, Edmonton, Buffalo, T.B., Carolina). Time to HUNT for some great players under that $3.5m rage.